Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Harry Kent in Kosmos Journal

.

Harry Kent, Fukushima Ghosts, 2010 

I have just received my complimentary copy of the current Fall/Winter edition of Kosmos Journal (here) which features my painting Fukushima Ghosts I. (You can read about the painting here).

I was contacted last year by Nancy Roof, the editor, who had discovered my Fukushima Series in my Flickr account, Art Informel (here), requesting permission to publish.






Kosmos is a bi-annual journal  associated with the United Nations. It works for global peace and understanding, so I was glad to agree and to waver royalty payment.


Fukushima Ghosts I in Kosmos Fall/Winter 2011 p.69
My work is featured prominently on page 69 of this 82 page edition to illustrate the article 'An Inquiry: Politics and Consciousness' by Mark Gerzon which touches on the issue of the politics of the nuclear energy industry in Japan.

Great to see my work acknowledged as a meaningful voice on contemporary issues.


.

11 comments:

  1. Hello Harry,
    Congratulations! It's a great painting and most important--it says something and touches people. I can't imagine what else an artist can hope for from their work.
    Your waiver of royalties is commendable and I salute you for it. It puts an exclamation point on your reputation as a Class Act.
    Bravo, well done and a tip of the hat, Harry. I fully expect to see more of this series on additional publications around the globe. It's a great series by an even greater artist.
    Sincerely,
    Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, Harry, aesthetics and meaning go together. And such stunning work. You must feel very proud. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Harry! A very moving piece of work.
    All the best for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Harry--the right imagery always enhances the reading experience..your painting is remarkable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gary. Thanks for the very high opinion your express. I love that you have all this confidence in my work. Makes up for all the confidence i lack, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, i'm certainly pleased, Elzabeth. It's a way of getting my work before people without all the hastle and politics of being exhibited. Think i'm just getting too old to be bothered with the effort. Different for the young who are trying to carve out a career.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Richard. Thanks. And a great 2012 to you too. I have your blog stream to my hotmail account so it's been an interesting read following your adventures and counsels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Celeste. Given your background in the industry, yours is a much appreciated comment. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John. Visited your blog and saw you have been away for a couple of months. But selling strongly by the look of it. Not surprised. Yours are really exquisitely haunting landscapes. A great 2012 to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Harry for 'following' my travels. Off to Nambour on Monday.
    One should never too old to be bothered with an exhibition (get and agent). You should consider a public display of your work. Seeing it on the Internet doesn't do it justice!

    ReplyDelete

Share |